Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Boy's Desk

We came across this beauty at a yard sale. Love yard sales! I can feel them gearing up already. And it's only February.

My son's room was looking a little barren, with only a twin bed and a few containers of toys. He hadn't ever had a room this big in our new place, and we were on the hunt for something to fill some space. We found this desk and couldn't pass it up.

Before:



After:
I used a stain on it, even though the wood wasn't spectacular. Fortunately it was an opaque type stain, and worked awesome! I purchased new knobs (just cheap wooden ones I painted), and distressed it all to heck. He loves having a place to color and play his games. I love that it's so stinkin' cute!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I want to tell you how much I adored the sweet comment you left today...it absolutely made my heart happy. Sometimes I wonder why I blog, I think every blogger wonders that.

I was also thrilled to hear you were able to reconnect with Cassandra and love that you follow her little family from my blog. Your visits and comments are always welcome and sincerely appreciated. Spokane...do you love it there?

PS...you made my day!

Spokane Southie said...

You have a talent for seeing the potential in things. That is an adorable desk and I love the printer stand below.