Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Dresser

Last summer we moved into a fantastic home. It had space! It had a back yard! It had a raspberry patch! It had...a garage. This meant that we could refinish furniture. This meant that we could fill up this new home with furniture we bought for cheap and refinished. This meant a lot of projects!

From then on I was on the hunt for a dresser. We didn't have as much storage space in our new place, so a new dresser was the first thing on the list. I scoured craigslist, garage sales, online sales, everywhere. On the way to can some jam at a friend's house, I passed this beauty.

(This is post-strip process. It was white with gold inlay. Classy eh?) For $10 she was mine, and I loaded her into the car, continued to go can my heart out, and surprised my husband with it. As I stripped off the paint, I found that it had gorgeous wood. It was solid, and beautiful. We decided to stain the drawers so you could see the grain, and paint the rest of it black.


I was so pleased with the results. Which was really good, because a lot of time was spent by me trying to remove crappy paint off of it!

No comments: